Websites Used By Utah Beekeepers
Beekeeping Clubs: There are currently over 300 beekeepers in the Beehive State, get to know some! Local beekeeping clubs are an excellent source of knowledge and information. They meet monthly or bimonthly in Salt Lake City, Logan and Utah County.
- Cache Valley Beekeepers (435) 258-0303
- Wasatch Beekeepers (801) 692-3371 https://www.facebook.com/groups/124438491081890/
- The Art Of Beekeeping in Utah Facebook Page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/queencups/
- Utah County Beekeepers Association
- Utah Beekeepers Association
Bee inspectors are available to assist Utah’s beekeepers. Although not all counties employ an inspector, you are welcome to contact them if you have questions or concerns about beekeeping.
- Box Elder & Cache Co Martin James (435) 760-0805
- Millard County Gary Dutson (435) 864-4844
- Salt Lake County Chris Rodesch (801) 633-6589
- Sanpete County John Scott (435) 283-9457
- Tooele County Vance Keele (435) 882-0123
- Utah County Joel Wright (801) 754-5507
- Weber County Brock Lenox (801) 444-9220
Local Beekeeping Suppliers:
- 3 Bee Honey
(801) 471-3494 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abeez Honey
Phone: (801) 471-6910
Email : Riley.Beck@Hotmail.com
- Brother B’s
Contact: Steve Phone: (801) 362-3515.
- Eco Bee Box
Al Chubak (801) 654-9700
- Harvest Lane Honey Store and Warehouse
505 Brenda Place Toole Utah, 84074, (435)840-0495
- Hansen Hives & Honey Co.
For Swarms and Bee Emergencies: Please Call (801) 230-7056
- IFA Country Stores.
1147 West 2100 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84119
1926 West 12600 South, Riverton, UT 84065
- Knight Family Honey
1761 South 970West Lehi, UT 84043
Phone: (801)706-0984 For sale & other info Email us email@example.com
- Jones Bee Company
2586 West 500 South Salt Lake City, UT 84104, (801) 973-8281
- Deseret Hive Supply
1516 Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT 84404, (801) 866-3245
- The Backyard Beekeeper Kevin Cook
1645 W, 1600 N Orem, UT 84057, (801) 623-0230
North Bend Honey Pollen and Nectar Chart
This is a very good resource. Mark Borovatz created this great chart on local pollen. The chart shows the blooming dates for the last 4 years and you can enter in the blooming dates for the flowers in your bee garden/yard for this year as they occur.
The Pollen Chart is helpful to identify what season/dates particular flowers will be in bloom so you are able to get a variation of flowers to supply pollen all season long for the bees. It will also help you plan your season to know when a “honeyflow” will be coming on to take full advantage of the work your girls are doing. Lastly it provides the Pollen Color so when flowers are in bloom you can see what type of flower pollen your girls are bringing into the hive.
North Bends Pollen Chart (PDF Version)
North Bends Pollen _ Nectar Chart 2016 (Excel Version) – This would allow you to make notes on it, or you could just have it show the flowers you have in your own Bee Yard or local area.
Nosema ceranae information.
Know where you bees have been and what they are feeding on.
Beesource is a great resource site. On the left side are many links for DIY projects.
Varroa Mite Resources
- Tools for Varroa Management: A Guide To Effective Varroa Sampling & Control
- Powdered Sugar Roll Picture Guide
- Varroa Mite Washer Experiment by Randy Oliver
Top Bar Bees
Some great plans for a Top Bar Hive.
Link to Walter T. Kelly Company newsletters